The lake level has been slowly dropping coming into the weekend however as I'm sure you're all aware rain is forecasted for the next several days. Depending on how much rain we get we will have an idea of what is going to happen going into next weekend. The Corps will notify us as the predictions change, but as of now we have not heard anything from them changing their prediction from earlier in the week when the gates opened and the lake levels started to fall. FYI, max level the lake can drop daily is 6". On the other hand with the ground as saturated as it is for each inch of rain the lake level goes up 1'. Right now the lake can absorb only about 11" of rainfall (11') before the lake would start tipping over the dam.
Here's what we've been working on and our current plan for this week:
We brought in 15 loads of rock to build up the road into the campground. This will allow vehicles access but is not designed to handle moving RV's/campers in and out. If the water stays at current level or slightly higher, only seasonal campers will be allowed access to the campground. If we're really lucky and the lake levels drop we'll move the rock and allow full access to the campground; the tent sites will still all be closed.
If we're not lucky and we get the predicted rainfall of 3" or worst case scenario rainfall (11' – 12") in areas to run into the lake, we'll need to start to move all the campers below the level of the shower house up onto the ridge. This would be campsites 1-15, 20-29, 33-42. This would also mean the marina and restaurant would close. The motel and guest house can stay open regardless of the lake level.
We'll know more come Monday when the rain total for the weekend is known. There is rain predicted this week as well so things can change daily. We'll do our best to keep you up to date. We appreciate our patience and cooperation!
Keep your fingers crossed! 😊